In my last update, I said that I’d written almost 50k words, but Word was counting everything in the document I was working in. I really only had 36k words at that time. The material now totals 50,000 words. A pretty hefty chunk that I’ve broken into eleven chapters.
If you recall my process, I’m basically at the end of step 7. Next week I will start my line edits. The week after that I hope to make the copy edits. I know I’ll do those more quickly than I did it the last time because Geoffery Kidd wrote me back in December and shared a wonderful way to quickly find typos and unclosed quotes that should help speed the process this time. His tips won’t take care of everything, of course, but every bit counts. Once I complete the copy edits, we’ll be almost to the finish line.