Theory is important, but practice trumps theory. Every single day.
Lessons 1-5 have all been theory and helping you see how stories work and get sensitized to the effects they have on you. Now it’s time to get to work. In lesson 6, I guide you through a number of key techniques I’ve found helpful in getting me to the point where I’m ready to write the first draft. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- Productive creative Q&A questions for finding zing about setting, characters, and the main driver of your plot.
- How to clarify your THOMR
- A powerful technique to help you clarify the core of your story
- How to figure out how many scenes you need
- Techniques that help make potential events for your plot flood into your mind
Here it is: Lesson 6: Develop your idea
Edit 1/24/15 at 10:45 a.m.: Lesson 6 revised