You want to go to a writing conference dedicated to writing commercial (popular) fiction. Stuff people like to read. You want a conference that actually helps you on the business end, not just with craft. You live in Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, Colorado, northern Arizona, or maybe a bit farther. What if you could go to one that featured the following:
- AUTHOR: Anne Perry. Yes, that Anne Perry, the mega mystery goddess.
- LITERARY AGENT: Michael Bourret (Dystel & Goderich Literary Management)
- LITERARY AGENT: Hannah Bowman (Liza Dawson Associates)
- LITERARY AGENT: Alyssa Henkin (Trident Media)
- LITERARY AGENT: Michelle Witte (Mansion Street Literary Management)
- EDITOR: Victoria Curan (Harlequin Heartwarming, which is a line that focuses on wholesome contemporary romances that celebrate traditional values, strong communities, family connections and true love)
Plus lots of other great folks. Including some who are making some nice numbers on Kindle selling independently.
Geez, John. Sounds fab!
Yeah. It’s happening May 10-11, 2013 in Provo, UT (a glorious time in Utah). It’s the LDStorymakers conference. There’s not a better conference in the Intermountain area. I presented last year. It was fun and insightful. I’ll be there this year. It’s great for meeting other authors (that includes lots of friendly folks trying to break in). And, obviously, meeting agents and editors.
The thing is the attendance is capped. Last year they turned folks away.
If you want in, I suggest you register now.
See you there! (Really, I hope you come up and say hello.)